Saturday, July 20, 2013

DIET PREP: WHITE MEAT CHICKEN

WHAT YOU WILL NEED

2 LB'S THIN-CUT WHITE MEAT CHICKEN FILETS
1/2 CUP DICED ZUCCHINI
1/2 CUP DICED ONION
1/2 CUP DICED GREEN PEPPER
ITALIAN SEASONINGS(ROSEMARY/THYME/OREGANO)
BASIL
GARLIC POWDER
BLACK PEPPER
RED-WINE VINEGAR


****DON'T FORGET TO READ BELOW****
Half of my prepping process was not pictured. Just want you all to know I thoroughly washed my hands, utensils & cutting board throughout the process. I also made sure my hands were cleaned extensively with anti-bacterial soap and we also keep hand-sanitizer around the kitchen area as well. Just because I didn't keep the part of the video of me cleaning things and washing my hands DOES NOT mean I didn't do it, I just don't want to take up your time with a lesson on "KEEPING A CLEAN KITCHEN" when cooking in my videos. I don't need to do that you guys know how to handle your hygiene, right? LOL. But always remember: It is ESSENTIAL avoid cross contamination when dealing with RAW foods. Thanks guys...now enjoy yourself throughout the process! Healthy cooking is and a keeping a great diet is free therapy!

*****When prepping your chicken (being that you can season and marinate your chicken any way you want) make sure your hands are clean, and if you are going to re-use the cutting board that you extensively sanitize and wash it to cut veggies. In this video, I diced and spiced my vegetables before I even took the chicken out of the package. I used garlic & obviously the spices, & some Olive-Oil Cooking Spray on the pan.  Also, BE creative with your cooking! Show me what you can do! Wow me! But make sure to stay along my guidelines with the cooking process. Good luck and HAVE FUN!!!!*****

STEP 1 - THE PREP
  • Take your thinly-cut pieces of chicken and lay them out across a clean cutting board. 
  • If you would like- give them a quick rub down in some minced garlic, olive oil, water, something that will latch the spices on securely so you aren't wasting.
  • THIS IS IMPORTANT: Make sure you don't have a heavy wrist when seasoning your chicken. Give your spices 2 shakes (on both sides) for each piece of chicken. 
  • After that, flip each piece of chicken over and season accordingly.
  • Then take a fork, (you can do this before you season the chicken too) and poke some holes in each piece of chicken. MAKE SURE YOU CAN FEEL THE FORK GO THROUGH THE WHOLE PIECE OF CHICKEN WHEN POKING THE HOLES. The whole purpose behind the poking is each the chicken to absorb all the flavor of the spices and red wine vinegar, as well as cook faster.
  • You can do it while the chicken is cooking but I like to have whatever vegetables are on the side already diced and spiced, ready to go when the chicken is done.
STEP 2 - THE FUN PART
  • Whatever pan you use make sure it's greased up, (instead of PAM I used SHOP-RITE BRAND "OLIVE-OIL COOKING SPRAY") and throw a little bit of minced garlic right on top. I HIGHLY recommend VIRGIN Olive-Oil if you don't use an olive-oil spray!
  • Set your stove-burner on high. Once you start to smell the garlic's amazing aroma and hear it deliciously CRACKLE, your chicken is ready for the pan! 
  • Place each piece in and like I said in the video, if you can't fit all the pieces on your pan at first don't worry, each piece will start to shrink in size once they cook more and you will be able to make some room. I personally could've used a bigger pan in the video but that's my lucky pan so I always use it!
  • Even though you will be looking at the raw side with the bottom cooking, you will see the chicken will start to take on a white color from the bottom, meaning it's cooking nicely. This is your queue to FLIP. 
  • Keep flipping every 1-2 minutes for about 8-10 minutes and once the chicken starts to take on a golden brown color around the edges you'll know you have about 2 or 3 flips left.
  • When your chicken is about ready, a good way to double-check to see if your chicken is cooked properly is to just take the spatula or whatever you are using and see if you can break the chicken apart with it. Depending on the tenderness and readiness of your chicken it should break apart easily, like you see with mine in my video. 
  • When the chicken on the inside is whiter than your Mom's favorite pearl necklace, your chicken is ready and it's your queue to GET IT ONTO A PLATE, RE-GREASE THAT PAN, AND GET THOSE VEGGIES CRACKALACKIN'.

STEP 3 - VEGGIES, PRESENTATION, HIGH-FIVES
  • Your pan will already be hot so the veggies shouldn't take more than 3-5 minutes.
  • You can pour any time of sauce or base into the veggies like we did with the chicken. Obviously as you guys saw, I added some pours of the red-wine vinegar into the mix a minute into cooking.
  • Once spiced and diced mix of your favorite vegetables take a darker, golden brown, color (from cooking + red wine) they are ready!
  • Your steaming plate of chicken should be right next to you, so take your pan and bless that plate with your bomb.com vegetable medley. 
*****As the steam hauls ass off your beautiful plate of art you just constructed, bask in it. Be proud of yourself that you just cooked a delicious meal, smile in confidence and most importantly, ENJOY!!!!! Please let me know on YouTube/Instagram/Twitter what you guys think about my video! Just HASHTAG #BRETTCAP or #BRETTCAPFITNESS to let me know how you guys did with it and any ideas you guys might have with different ways to PREP YOUR CHICKEN! As always, thank you guys! Bon Appetite!*****

4 comments:

  1. How many calories does one silde of chiken have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once the chicken is on the pan, we keep the stove's temp at high STILL? Or do we decrease it to medium?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks very much
    It is really Amazing

    ReplyDelete